Your privacy is valuable to us, therefore it is important for you to know what information we collect and why.
To make sure that all our customers are able to navigate through our site effectively, we provide the following technical information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address for instant accessibility to the internet through your preferred device,
- Browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, and time zone settings,
- Operating system and platform,
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our site.
Any advert shall not portray, display, or promote the following content:
- Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco. Ads may not amplify or promote drugs or substances, which are illegal or harmful in nature, abuse of medically prescribed drugs, intoxication or promoting consumption of Alcohol (except for beer and wine), or tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia thereto. Lawful products and services, which portray all the aforementioned things as harmful and injurious to health, shall be permitted,
- Weapons or Violence. Ads shall not promote, in any way, the use and distribution of making of firearms, ammunition, explosives, pyrotechnics or any other harmful weapon. Ads shall also not, in any way, promote violence, cruelty, oppression, or physical or emotional harm to any living being,
- Gambling or illegal activities. Ads may not promote any illegal or other questionable activities, which may be legally abrupt in one or more jurisdictions, including without-limitation hacking, counterfeiting, cyber attack, or other activities that may violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights of others. Ads shall not contain or promote content related to frauds, scams, financial schemes, pyramid schemes or other fraudulent or illegal financial or investment opportunities. Ads shall not promote casinos, gambling, betting, numbers games, sports or financial betting. Ads promoting state lotteries are permitted,
- Intolerance, Hate, Discrimination, Racism. Ads shall not portray or promote, in any way, hate speech, personal attacks, racism, or discrimination towards any individual, group, country or organization,
- Obscenity, Indecency, Profanity. Ads may not contain or promote any obscene, indecent, profane or offensive words, images, sounds, videos or other content.
- Politics, Religion, Culture. Ads shall not contain, in any way, hostile, offensive, inflammatory or hateful speech, related to political, religious, or cultural topics. Ads shall not exploit, in any way, controversial political, social, or religious issues for commercial purposes,
- Sexual or Adult Content. Ads shall not include, in any way, full or partial nudity, depictions of people in explicit positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative, promoting vulgarity. Ads shall not contain text or images l, exposing anyone or anything, involved in explicit sexual acts or lewd and lascivious behavior. Ads may not promote escort, dating, erotic message, pornography, or other sexual products or services,
- Defamation and Disparagement. Ads may not contain defamatory or disparaging content or information, which tends to harm the reputation of any individual, group, organization, or party,
- Gore or Grotesque depiction. Ads shall not contain or promote content that is crude, vulgar, grotesque, degrading or likely to shock or disgust, or include elements of gore,
- Extremism and Aggression. Ads shall not contain or promote extremely aggressive and combative behaviors or unlawful political measures, including individuals or groups advocating violence as a means to achieve their goals,
- Sensitive Content. Ads shall not target sensitive categories, such as financial status, medical conditions, mental health, criminal record, political affiliation, age, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sexual behavior or orientation, or trade union membership,
- Free Goods and Services. Ads shall not distribute, or promise to distribute, any free goods and services,
- Targeted at Children. Ads shall not specifically or deliberately target children, in any way, including through cartoons or other similar content,
- Unverifiable Claims. Ads shall not make confusing, unrealistic, or baseless claims that reasonable customers won’t be able to readily interpret, evaluate, and understand,
- Before and After Images. Ads shall not depict “before and after” images or pictures that portray unexpected, unrealistic, imaginary, artificial, or impractical results,
- Health and Safety Claims. Ads shall not promote actions likely to harm one’s health, such as bulimia, anorexia, binge drinking, or drug addiction. Ads shall not make health claims that are not clearly substantiated on medical grounds. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate their products’ claims, related to Health and Safety,
- Misleading, Deceptive, Impractical, or False information. Ads shall not contain any information or content that is potentially misleading, false, or deceptive, impractical, including content which is meant to deceptively generate clicks such as fake “close” buttons.
Publicly available information
Publicly available information of our customers might be gathered, for reference purposes.
We might be required to use your contact data, obtained through the contact form, in order to reach out to you. Contact data, submitted through the contact form, in no way, will be used for marketing purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We, in no way, intend, willingly or unwillingly, to gather or collect information from children, as children are not part of our targeted portfolio.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored onto your computer. Cookies collect and store information that is used to help make sites operational. Only we have the right to access the cookies created by our website. You may control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use various important aspects and features on our site. These may include activities like logging in, and signing out. Necessary cookies do not gather or collect personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality elements, that makes navigating our site or using our end service, in a more convenient manner, while providing opportunities for an amplified or personalized customer onsite experience. For instance, functionality cookies might remember your contact information, i.e. your email, cellular, in order to provide you with autofill feature, in case you revisit the site or comment on any product/ service.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to analyze, track, and interpret site usage and overall performance.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver and portray adverts, that are personalized according to your individual preference. Additionally, advertising cookies are used to restrict the number of times you encounter an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website through advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember who have revisited an ad. Conversely, the data gathered is shared to third-party organizations, usually advertisers. More often than not, advertising cookies are linked with site functionality, provided by the these third-party organizations.
For instance, if you put up or leave a comment on our site, you may opt to save your contact information, in site cookies. This is done for your convenience, so that your contact details are automatically picked up and filled automatically, next time you land on our site, or leave an additional comment. The tenure of the data in these cookies is one year.
If you already possess an existing account, and log-on to our site through that account, we will allocate a temporary cookie, in order to determine if your web browser supports or accepts cookies. This cookie, in no way, save your data, and is discarded immediately upon the closure of your browser.
We may also deploy trusted third-party services that track such information on our behalf.
You can opt to have your computer indicate a warning signal, each time a cookie is being sent, or you may choose to turn off all cookies, entirely. You can achieve this through tweaking and adjusting your browser settings. Similarly, data stored through cookies may also be eradicated through accessing browser settings.
If you decide to turn off cookies, this won’t tamper with your browsing or onsite experience.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who else can access your Personal Data
Personal data of our customers is not shared or extended to strangers. However, personal data, in exceptional cases, might be shared to our trusted partners, should we require the need to do so, in order to amplify overall customer experience.
Exceptional cases of data sharing extends to:
- Google Analytics
- Amazon Associates
Or any other trusted partner that will use the provided data to enrich customer experiences.
We only operate with Processing partners who are able to safeguard and guarantee sustainable and adequate degree of protection to your Personal Data. We may need to share your personal data to government officials or bodies, should we be pursued legally, by the latter. Other exceptional cases of data sharing maybe prompted on customer consent, to third parties, or should legal obligations arise.
Third Party Links
We may accommodate links to third-party service providers, as means of convenience from our end. Use of third-party services is not at our discretion, and is solely your responsibility. We are not liable for the portrayed content, of any such third-party adverts, or linked websites. Prior to checking out or opting for any third-party services or products, advertised on our site, you are advised to verify product quality, pricing, and any other noteworthy information, detrimental in making an informed purchase decision. Neither VRLegends nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors, shall have any liability, resulting from your consumption or purchase of third-party products or services. Hence, we shall not entertain any complaints regarding third-party purchases, as we make no representations or warranties, with respect to such third-party products and services. Therefore, it is advised to thoroughly go through the underlying terms and conditions of all third-party products.
We may also use Google Analytics to gather information, regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics, for some of our services. This is done for the development of our website. Needless to say, data obtained through Google Analytics is not tied to any personal Information. For complete, detailed information regarding Google Analytics, kindly visit:
You may also opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated or obtained by your use of the services, entirely, by going to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we secure your data
We curtail our best efforts to ensure no such data or privacy breach is witnessed. We deploy anonymizing and pseudonymizing, where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities, potential breaches, and attacks. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We have, what we believe, are appropriate security controls in place to safeguard personal data. We do not, however, have any exercise over what is witnessed between your device and the confines of our informational infrastructure. You should be well aware of the many information security risks that exist and take the relevant appropriate steps to protect your own information. We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control.
Even though we exert, to the best of our knowledge, efforts to safeguard your data, we can not guarantee the ultimate security of your information. However, we promise to notify relevant bodies and authorities, in light of potential breaches. We will also send down a notification, should a threat arise, with regards to your rights or interest. We will do everything, we reasonably can, to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities, should any breaches occur.
If you sustain an account with us, please make sure to keep your username and password secret.
Data Protection Principles
We strive to fulfill the following data protection principles:
- Transparency and dutifulness in data processing (start to end). Our data processing activities are laid on lawful grounds. We pay close attention to the rights of different individuals before processing. Full disclosure of data processing activities maybe accessed upon request.
- Data processing is solely determined based on end-purpose. Our processing activities match the purpose for which personal data was derived.
- Data processing is conducted and initialized with minimal data requirements. We only derive minimum possible personal data for any respective purpose.
- Data processing is time bound. We will not resound to keeping your data in the long-run.
- Striving to deliver best possible accuracy. We will try to provide you with thorough and consistent accuracy with regards to data processing and protection.
- Striving to ensure integrity and confidentiality of your data. We will exercise our best efforts to keep your data safeguarded, in order avoid breach of privacy, to the best of our knowledge.
The Services portrayed for accessibility, through our official website, is only designated for informational purposes alone. The services displayed, hence, do not extend towards medical supervision or advice, which includes other areas of healthcare and wellness, as well. Furthermore, the services rendered are not, by any means, a substitute to subject matter experts or professional medical opinion, which includes diagnostics, and treatment regiment. Therefore, always approach relevant medical experts or professional quality healthcare providers, with regards to your prevailing or experienced medical condition. Should you feel the urge to get immediate medical treatment, in cases of emergency, please contact 911, without hesitation.
In addition, you acknowledge that the services being availed, are in no way, limited or confined with keeping your data safeguarded. All risks associated, pertaining to user interaction or contributions, whether with content providers or other users, are, at your own recognizance, and are not covered by any confidentiality or privilege that might apply, should you have sought for professional medical advice (through doctors or medical experts).
Last Updated: August 20, 2020